This report by specialist research company JKMR covers a range of key figures for luxury fitted kitchen products in the UK, including fitted units, integrated major domestic appliances, worktops, sinks, taps and associated fittings.
Five Key Findings from the Report :-
- In the short term the UK luxury kitchen market is expected to continue to grow both in terms of sales levels and market share. Wealthy households remain even in times of economic downturn, and there is no evidence to suggest such households want to move away from fitted kitchens.
- New build sales will continue to have a role in sector growth in the medium term, with rising numbers of top end family housing constructed in smaller-scale developments.
- Sales continued to be driven by the kitchen as a ‘showcase’ room, and rising property prices leading householders to invest in major renovation, in order to create their ‘dream’ home.
- The luxury sector currently accounts for more than 32% of total kitchen market spend. However it is not expected to exceed a 34% level in the foreseeable future.
- A ‘stratospheric’ sub-sector of the luxury kitchen market has developed, where the budget is in excess of £75k. In this market, once clients make up their mind to spend serious money on their kitchen, then cost does become literally ‘no object’.
For the purposes of this report, the luxury kitchen sector is defined as client spend on fitted units at RSP (ex VAT) of at least £12,000, with a total core kitchen product budget of at least £28,000 (ex VAT). Once VAT, ancillary products and any free-standing major domestic appliances, tiling, heating, flooring, fitting & decorating costs, plus spend on additional utility or second kitchen area, are factored in, a total budget starting point would typically be in the region of £40,000.
The report covers
- Signature features of the Luxury Kitchen Market
- Sector analysis by volume and value
- Sales Trends
- Trends in market share
- Qualitative review of sector developments
If you are a Kitchen Category Insight Partner, this report will automatically be added to your account
The 2018 edition of this report will be published in October 2018
JKMR was established by Jayne Barber in 1998 as the UK’s only business-to-business research company specialising in the fitted kitchen product industries, providing a range of multi-client reports and consultancy services to meet the day-to-day needs of those supplying the market. JKMR clients include major names in all sectors of the UK and European fitted kitchen markets, as well as global names in the financial investment and business analysis.
JKMR is a Corporate Member of the KBSA and lead supplier of market figures to the Association. JKMR data is regularly cited in the KBB trade press, and Jayne also provides articles for the wider broadcast and published consumer interiors media.
Jayne has three decades of experience researching the kitchen market. Prior to establishing JKMR Jayne was Senior Research Analyst for the Kitchen Information Service, and has worked both for KBBReview and Emap, publishers of the Kitchens Magazine. Jayne ‘cut her teeth’ on kitchen matters back in the late 1980s as Staff Writer for the Kitchen, Bathroom & Bedroom Industries Yearbook & Directory.