The Local Data Company is a retail location insight company, which physically tracks every retail and leisure business across the country.
The GB Retail and Leisure Market Analysis report covers the extremely challenging first few months of the year including the nationwide lockdown, which saw up to 80% of the market cease trading temporarily, and compares this period to other years which provides a unique perspective on a rapidly changing market.
Key findings from the report include:-
- Acceleration in the migration of spend online.
- Further challenges in reletting units closed due to CVAs and administrations
- Independent retailers have been more resilient
- Some green shoots for opportunistic retailers
- Leisure industry facing its toughest ever year.