This market report is an abridged version of the JKMR UK Major Domestic Appliance report and contains top line data relating to sales of integrated Major Domestic Appliances (MDAs) in the UK, as well as the overall fitted kitchen product market.
Five Key Findings from the Report :-
- Kitchen installations reached a new high point as consumers continued to seek out products that up-graded on their existing kitchen. JKMR calculates the total UK fitted kitchen products market was worth £6.45 Billion in 2016, up 6.6% on 2015.
- MDA product value is expected to rise 7%, despite only a 2% rise in new kitchen installations. This increase is driven by more sales of higher priced products and an on-going shift in the mass market towards integrated cooking as a standard choice.
- Integrated MDA’s are out-performing fitted unit growth and current provisional 2017 figures show integrated MDA volumes up 4.4%, compared to an expected 2.35% rise in new kitchen installations.
- Overall value growth was driven mainly by volume growth and not increased spend levels. This was due to the ever-greater proportion of UK kitchens retailed via outlets where price is a key factor and volume leverage allows appliances to be effectively ‘discounted’.
- Ovens and Hobs have, however, seen an on-going improvement in price, with a value increase of 36% compared with a lower volume increase of 24%, making integrated cooking the best performing sector over the last five years.
The report covers
- Market Size and Projections
- Retailer Performance
- Sales by volume and value
- Purchasing Trends
- The Kitchen Consumer
If you are a Kitchen Category Insight Partner, this report will automatically be added to your account
JKMR was established by Jayne Barber in 1998 as the UK’s only business-to-business research company specialising in the fitted kitchen product industries, providing a range of multi-client reports and consultancy services to meet the day-to-day needs of those supplying the market. JKMR clients include major names in all sectors of the UK and European fitted kitchen markets, as well as global names in the financial investment and business analysis.
JKMR is a Corporate Member of the KBSA and lead supplier of market figures to the Association. JKMR data is regularly cited in the KBB trade press, and Jayne also provides articles for the wider broadcast and published consumer interiors media.
Jayne has three decades of experience researching the kitchen market. Prior to establishing JKMR Jayne was Senior Research Analyst for the Kitchen Information Service, and has worked both for KBBReview and Emap, publishers of the Kitchens Magazine. Jayne ‘cut her teeth’ on kitchen matters back in the late 1980s as Staff Writer for the Kitchen, Bathroom & Bedroom Industries Yearbook & Directory.